As a data controller we are bound by the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our Privacy Principles
- We will only ask for and store personal information that is important to help us to provide you with our services.
- We will don’t store your personal information unless required for the on-going operation of services to you, to comply with the law and to protect your rights.
Why do we ask for your personal information?
We will only ask for and store personal information that is needed to provide you with our services. We only ask for your personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with our services.
- To register and certificate you with the awarding organisation
- For statistical analysis
- To arrange, underwrite and administer insurance
- To identify, prevent, detect and tackle identity fraud and other crimes.
- To keep you informed about your course
- To comply with the law and regulatory requirements.
How do we use your personal information?
- Contact you regarding your application or enquiry
- Send you marketing communications (where you have specifically agreed) relating to our business which we think may be of interest. You can inform us at any time if you wish to unsubscribe.
- To check eligibility for Advanced Learner loans or other funding streams.
- To check if we will accept an application for credit.
- To contact you if balances are outstanding for our courses or against a loan account.
- Administer the website
- To register you with the Awarding Organisation
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website or any other service provided by Eclipse Training Associates.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with Legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- For the purposes of payment processing.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- For the purposes of monthly reporting to our credit reference agency.
- For the purposes of litigation when required.
- Provide third parties with statistical information as part of our regulatory requirement.
- Provide regulatory bodies with reports if a breach in regulation occurs (students will receive notification of the details being provided prior to submission if there is any identifying data included within the report).
The Eclipse Training Associates website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Log Files Like many other Web sites, http://www.eclipsetrainingcourses.co.uk/wordpress/ makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page rom the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain store on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Children’s Information We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. http://www.eclipsetrainingcourses.co.uk/wordpress/ does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that http://www.eclipsetrainingcourses.co.uk/wordpress/ has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Security of Personal Data
We will always take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any personal data we hold on our systems. We will store all personal information on our secure (password-protected and firewall-protected servers). Where we use third parties, the third party is subject to additional date security checks which include confirmation the provider is an ISO Certificate holder, registration with the ICO and we will review the third parties privacy/data security policy prior to engaging with them.