This qualification is intended for those who maintain the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre. The objective of this qualification is to assess the performance of a learning and development practitioner with responsibility for the internal quality assurance of assessment. Duration varies.
Learners must hold one of the following qualifications or their recognised equivalent:
- The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment.
- The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
- A1 Assess Candidate Performance Using a Range of Methods.
- D32 Assess Candidate Performance and D33 Assess Candidate Using Differing Sources of evidence.
Learners must also:
- Show current evidence of Continuing Professional Development in assessment and quality assurance.
- Have up-to-date working knowledge and experience of best practice in assessment and quality assurance.
This qualification comprises of 2 units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
- Internally assure the quality of assessment
- Professional discussion
- Evidence of communication with assessors
- Live observation
- Internal quality assurance reports
- Personal development plan
- Standardisation activities