The Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy qualification provides learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post-acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
This qualification is open to all. There is an element of communication involved (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3. Performing sports massage is a physical activity and learners will need to be fit enough to carry this out.
The learner must complete all five mandatory units:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage (J/506/7220, credit value = 10)
- Principles of health and fitness (R/506/7222, credit value = 3)
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction (Y/506/7223, credit value = 3)
- Professional practice in sports massage (D/506/7224, credit value = 5)
- Sports massage treatments (T/506/7228, credit value = 16)
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
- Multiply Choice Theory Paper
Upcoming training course dates/locations.
Sorry there are currently no dates available for this course.
Please get in touch if you are interested in this course.