This qualification is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
This qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for entry on to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a Level 3 personal trainer. Learners who successfully complete this programme will be equipped to work as personal trainers in a variety of contexts throughout the sport and active leisure industry.
The Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training provides progression opportunities to the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Exercise to Music
- Level 3 Diploma in Mat Pilates
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Older Adults
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Disabled Clients
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Antenatal and Postnatal Clients
- Level 3 Award in Sport Specific Conditioning
Assessment: 12 Week program, Worksheets and observed assessment
Qualification Structure and Credit Value
Learners must complete all 8 mandatory units (38 credits)
|Unit||Unit Title||Accreditation Number||Level||Credits|
|1||Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||A/600/9051||3||6|
|2||Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||M/600/9015||2||2|
|3||Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||T/600/9016||2||2|
|4||Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||2||4|
|5||Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme||L/600/9054||3||6|
|6||Programming personal training with clients||F/600/9052||3||7|
|7||Delivering personal training sessions||J/600/9053||3||9|
|8||Improving your business skills||A/600/9017||3||2|
- Multiple Choice question paper
- Practical Observation
- Coursework/ portfolio of evidence
Upcoming training course dates/locations.
Sorry there are currently no dates available for this course.
Please get in touch if you are interested in this course.