Who is the course for?
If you are passionate about fitness and there is no better time than now to become a personal trainer. You need to be:
- Interested in health and fitness
- Interested in supporting others to achieve their goals
- Have good communication skills and enjoy being around people
- Have ability to motivate a variety of personalities to enable them to reach their potential
- Looking for a rewarding career change or new hobby
“Absolutely blown away by the Fitness Instructor course with Eclipse. I decided to enroll on the course to find out more about exercise and how to maintain my fitness levels, and minimise injuries. Elissa, my tutor, was amazing, very, very knowledgable. If you are looking to become a instructor, this is the course for you, if its for your own personal benefit. Its a not to miss course. First class!!”
There are no specific prerequisite qualifications but some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training sessions
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Multi choice theory papers
- Client interviews
- Programme card
- Programme planning
- Case study
- Formative and summative observed assessment
- Session self-evaluations
This qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for entry on to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a Level 3 Personal trainer and as a Professional member of CIMPSA. Learners who successfully complete this programme will be equipped to work as personal trainers in a variety of contexts throughout the sport and active leisure industry.
The Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training provides progression opportunities to the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Exercise to Music
- Level 3 Diploma in Mat Pilates
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Older Adults
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Disabled Clients
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Antenatal and Postnatal Clients
- Level 3 Award in Sport Specific Conditioning
We offer fitness and personal training courses in Newcastle, Morpeth, Sunderland and Durham areas.
Upcoming training course dates/locations below.
10th January 2019 - 14th March 2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Sound Mind and Body
The Exchange, Front St
Newcastle upon Tyne
15th January 2019 - 14th March 2019
9:30 am - 3:00 pm