This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions and common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme. This course is predominately on-line so learners can access this course at any time.
Learners must hold either a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym/ Exercise to Music or Aqua) or equivalent (including qualifications which give entry to the REPs Physical activity Advisor category) or one of the following:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Mat work
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
This qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for Professional membership of CIMPSA.
This qualification provides progression to the following qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
- Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients
Learners must complete the following six units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Professional Practice for Exercise Referral Instructors
- Understanding Medical Conditions for Exercise Referral
- Applying the principles of nutrition and physical activity
- Planning Exercise Referral Programmes with Patients
- Instructing Exercise with Referred Patients
- Multiple Choice question paper
- Practical Observation
- Coursework / portfolio of evidence
Sorry there are currently no dates available for this course.
Please get in touch if you are interested in this course.