This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions and common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme. This course is predominately on-line so learners can access this course at any time.
Learners must hold either a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym/ Exercise to Music or Aqua) or equivalent (including qualifications which give entry to the REPs Physical activity Advisor category) or one of the following:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Mat work
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
This qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for Professional membership of CIMPSA.
This qualification provides progression to the following qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain
- Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients
Learners must complete the following six units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Professional Practice for Exercise Referral Instructors
- Understanding Medical Conditions for Exercise Referral
- Applying the principles of nutrition and physical activity
- Planning Exercise Referral Programmes with Patients
- Instructing Exercise with Referred Patients
- Multiple Choice question paper
- Practical Observation
- Coursework / portfolio of evidence
This course is predominately on-line so learners can access this course at any time.
Sorry there are currently no dates available for this course.
Please get in touch if you are interested in this course.