The Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training has been designed to provide learners with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work unsupervised as a personal trainer with healthy adults of all ages.
In this qualification learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of the theory underpinning personal training, including anatomy and physiology, principles of exercise and fitness, how to support clients, health and safety, and the principles of nutrition. It will also develop the understanding, skills and techniques to design, manage, adapt, and deliver personal training sessions. Learners will develop practical skills in advanced resistance and cardiovascular training.
You need to have a gym instructor qualification to allow access onto this course.
This qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for entry on to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a Level 3 Personal trainer and as a Professional member of CIMPSA. Learners who successfully complete this programme will be equipped to work as personal trainers in a variety of contexts throughout the sport and active leisure industry.
The Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training provides progression opportunities to the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Exercise to Music
- Level 3 Diploma in Mat Pilates
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Older Adults
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Disabled Clients
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Physical Activity for Antenatal and Postnatal Clients
- Level 3 Award in Sport Specific Conditioning
Assessment: 12 Week program, Worksheets and observed assessment
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training sessions
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Multi choice theory papers
- Client interviews
- Programme card
- Programme planning
- Case study
- Formative and summative observed assessment
- Session self-evaluations
Upcoming training course dates/locations.
20th January 2018 - 3rd June 2018
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Sound Mind and Body||12||Book Now|