The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to design and adapt programmes to meet the needs of older adults.
Learners must hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or one of the qualifications listed below:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
This qualification comprises of 2 units:
- Physical activity and health considerations for the older adult
- Design and implement exercise programmes for the older adult
- Case Study
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients.
Sorry there are currently no dates available for this course.
Please get in touch if you are interested in this course.