The aim of this qualification is to train learners, who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction, to be able to plan and deliver safe and effective suspended movement exercises and training sessions.
You will develop the skills, knowledge and understanding required to plan and instruct safe and effective suspension training techniques. Suspending oneself form an unstable rope or strap offers significant challenges to the muscles of the body and magnifies the effects of gravity. This popular and effective type of training includes a wide variety of exercises that introduce functional movement patterns through multi-directional exercise movements.
- A suitable Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification e.g. Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Some experience of suspended movement training is useful
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
Learners must complete 4 credits from the 2 mandatory units.
|Unit||Unit Title||Accreditation Number||Level||Credits|
|1||Planning a Suspended Movement Training Exercise Session||R/505/5345||2||2|
|2||Instructing a Suspended Movement Training Exercise Session||Y/505/5346||2||2|
- Lesson plan
- Formative practical observation
- Session and self-evaluation
Upcoming training course dates/locations.
7th March 2019 - 7th March 2019
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Broaden your skills as a fitness professional - gain a qualification in suspension training Can be done as a CPD course for £99
2 Sands Industrial Estate
Newcastle upon Tyne