ABOUT THE COURSE
The ever increasing popularity of cycling in the UK has brought with it an increased interest in Studio Cycling. People from all backgrounds and disciplines are turning to it for it’s low impact accessibility while also being intense, challenging and fun!
This qualification is aimed at level 2/3 qualified instructors and trainers, who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction/personal training. Through this qualification you will develop an understanding of the key concepts of studio cycling, including the principles and safety considerations. You will develop the skills and knowledge required to prepare for, instruct and evaluate, safe and effective studio cycling sessions, including bike maintenance.
YOU WILL BE...
- Energetic and enthusiastic, not to mention rather vocal as these courses can get LOUD!
- A background in some form of cycling will be beneficial but not essential.
- Ultra motivating in front of a mixed audience.
- Understanding of differing needs and abilities.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This qualification comprises of 2 units (4 credits).
- Planning a studio cycling session
- Instructing a studio cycling session
- Session plan
- Observed assessment
- Session self-evaluation
Upcoming training course dates/locations.
28th May 2017 with assessment on 29th May
9th February 2019 - 9th February 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
One day course running on a Saturday
Gosforth Park Way,